Located in what was originally the Bromley Hill Estate, Harcourt House was built as a family home in about 1870 by local architect W.A. Williams, who constructed a number of Victorian properties in the area, including Christ Church in Highland Road.
Originally named "The Glade", the house was used as a school between 1908 and 1940, firstly known as "The Glade Garden School" and then later "Harcourt House School, Highland and Grasmere". During the Second World War the property was used as offices for the Red Cross.
The Present owners acquired the property in the early 1980s and spent years lovingly restoring the property back to its former glory. The ruined conservatory was re-built later and compliments the house perfectly.
In 2005 the London Borough of Bromley granted Harcourt House with a listed building status.